Related Product Information
Features of the BenchMark™ Pre-Stained Protein Ladder:
- Consists of 10 pre-stained protein bands in the range of 6–180 kDa (proteins are covalently coupled to a blue or pink dye)
- Includes a protein coupled to a pink dye (fourth band from the top) to ensure proper identification of each protein band
- Supplied in a ready-to-use format
Note: Coupling of the chromophores to the proteins affects the apparent molecular weight of proteins in SDS-PAGE relative to unstained standards. Use pre-stained protein ladders to determine the approximate molecular weight of proteins. For accurate molecular weight estimation of proteins, use unstained protein ladders.
Contents: 2 × 250 μl of BenchMark™ Pre-Stained Protein Ladder
Storage Buffer: 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH 6.8; 5 mM EDTA; 10 mM DTT;
1% (w/v) SDS; 10% (w/v) glycerol
Storage: Store at –20°C
Stability: 1 year at –20°C
The BenchMark™ Pre-Stained Protein Ladder is supplied in a ready-to-use format.
Do not heat or add reducing agent to the ladder.
- Thaw the ladder at room temperature.
- Vortex gently to ensure the solution is homogenous.
- Load the ladder into the well of an SDS gel using the loading volumes listed below to obtain the best results:
|Mini-Gel||10 μl||5 μl|
|Standard Gel||20 μl||10 μl|