Related Product Information
The BenchMark™ Protein Ladder is supplied in gel loading buffer and can be applied directly to an SDS-polyacrylamide gel. Each protein is present at a concentration of approximately 0.1 μg/μL. The ladder can be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months.
50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 6.8), 2 mM EDTA, 10 mM DTT, 2% (w/v) SDS, 10% (w/v) Glycerol, 0.01%(w/v) Bromophenol blue
The 20-kDa and 50-kDa bands have greater intensity than the other bands.
- Thaw the ladder at room temperature. (It is not necessary to boil.)
- Vortex gently to ensure the solution is homogeneous.
- Load the ladder into the well of the SDS-PAGE gel:
- Use 5 μL on minigels.
- Use 10 μL on full-sized gels.
- Use 0.2–0.5 μL for detection by silver staining.
5 μL/lane NuPAGE® Novex® 4-12% Bis-Tris Gel with MES buffer stained with Coomassie® Brilliant Blue R-250.
For research use only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
- Laemmli, U.K. (1970) Nature 227: 680-685.