On-Site System Familiarization Service
Let us Help You Maximize Your Resources and get the Most out of Your Technology
With a combination of instruction and demonstration, our System Familiarization Service assists users in better understanding the features and basic operation of their Applied Biosystems™, Invitrogen™, and Ion Torrent™ instruments and associated software. This service is ideal for new operators that want to establish best instrument and laboratory practices, and also in helping to ensure data quality.
What is the System Familiarization Service?
Our System Familiarization Service can help assure the continuity of your research by providing basic instruction to new and existing users on the operation and proper use of Applied Biosystems™, Invitrogen™, and Ion Torrent™ instruments and software.
Why do you need this service?
Service advantages include:
- On-site instruction, minimizing the travel costs and time associated with sending staff to off-site training
- Better planning for training costs during yearly budgeting process, which can help minimize unexpected expenses
- Flexible training times that can be arranged to suit the schedules of your staff
- On-site instruction from Life Technologies–certified engineers, eliminating the need for your experienced users to devote time to instruction
- Help decreasing instrument downtime—and time and material charges (if not covered under a service plan)—that could arise due to untrained user errors
- Help reducing sample and reagent waste due to operator errors
DNA Sequencing System Familiarization Class
Who should attend?
This class is designed for first-time users of Applied Biosystems™ genetic analyzers and capillary electrophoresis technology, or individuals wishing to refresh their skills on our equipment. The service can include up to four attendees, although we recommend fewer attendees for optimal instructional quality and interactivity.
The DNA Sequencing System Familiarization Class provides attendees with an overview of instrument hardware, basic software use, and equipment maintenance.
Topics covered include:
- Setup and operation, including running instrument spectrals and spatials
- Instrument maintenance overview
- Basic analysis on either sequencing and/or fragment analysis software
- Practical system instruction to enhance a user’s ability to successfully identify and troubleshoot operating issues
Real-Time PCR System Familiarization Class
Who should attend?
This class is designed for first-time users of Applied Biosystems™ real-time PCR instruments, or individuals wishing to refresh their skills on our equipment. The service can include up to four attendees, although we recommend fewer attendees for optimal instructional quality and interactivity.
This hands-on instruction is an intensive overview of real-time quantitative PCR instrument and software operation, and is designed to teach basic use of the real-time instruments and software, as well as data Interpretation.
Topics covered include:
- Software setup
- Data analysis
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting
Why is Life Technologies the best team to perform this service and training?
The on-site System Familiarization Service is provided by factory-certified Field Service Engineers (FSEs) who, through a rigorous four-step certification program, are trained on Applied Biosystems™, Invitrogen™, and Ion Torrent™ instrument platforms. FSEs must complete factory-authorized training and demonstrate excellence in proficiency by successfully passing a thorough on-site skills assessment with a qualified Life Technologies™ Instrument Certifier. That training is further maintained through a re-certification process every two years. This unparalleled program ensures that you receive the most efficient, highest-quality, and most up-to-date service available for your instruments.
What other training programs are available from Life Technologies?
Our System Familiarization Service is the first step for instrument operators who wish to develop their instrument knowledge. Life Technologies offers an array of comprehensive, hands-on instrument training sessions, as well as applications-based courses on a wide variety of topics.
Learn more about Life Technologies™ training programs here.