BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select
Ready, Click, Go: Now it is easier than ever to harness the power of the BLOCK-iT™ Pol II miR RNAi Expression Vectors with pre-designed BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select hairpins targeting the majority of the human, rat, and mouse genes in the RefSeq database. The BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi hairpins are designed in silico using the award winning BLOCK-iT™ RNAi Designer and are provided as DNA oligos that are ready to anneal and clone into one of the BLOCK-iT™ Pol II miR RNAi Expression Vectors in a quick and easy procedure. They are designed using a unique set of parameters (including an advanced mismatch alignment search) which results in artificial miRNAs that are both highly effective at knocking down the target mRNA and are also highly specific for the target mRNA- which greatly reduces the potential for off-target effects. The easy-to-use BLOCK-iT™ RNAi Express search engine interface allows you to quickly identify and order BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select hairpins by keyword, accession number, pathway, or gene family.
Ready-to-order BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select hairpins provide significant advantages:
Easy access to the BLOCK-iT™ Pol II miR RNAi Expression Vector technology, which combines the high design success rate of artificial miRNAs with tissue-specific, inducible, multiple gene targeting, and GFP reporter options
- Fast and easy ordering using the BLOCK-iT™ RNAi Express search engine
- Further reduction of off-target effects due to the application of an advanced specificity (Smith-Waterman alignment) search in addition to BLAST
- Four BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select hairpin designs targeting non-overlapping regions of the target mRNA sequence so experiments can be validated using independent clones for compatibility with publication requirements
Get 100% Guaranteed results with BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select 4 Sets
With BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select the work of designing highly effective RNAi hairpin sequences has been done for you. The development of these molecules begins with identification of the entire human, rat, and mouse transcripts in the Unigene database. In four steps we select highly effective in silico designed sequences:
- BLAST search to remove sequences within the target mRNA which are homologous to other mRNA sequences in that species
- BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select hairpin design using the BLOCK-iT™ RNAi Designer, which includes both standard and proprietary rules based on testing thousands of RNA duplex and RNAi vector sequences
Smith Waterman-type mismatch alignment to rigorously interrogate sequences for potential off-target effects
- Selection of the top four artificial miRNA hairpin designs targeting non-overlapping regions in all major splice variants found in RefSeq for the target mRNA sequence. These designs are offered independently as BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select hairpins or as a complete BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select 4 Set.
With the purchase of a BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select 4 Set, you’ll get 100% guaranteed results - at least 2 out of the 4 designs will result in at least 70% transcript knockdown, given that the transfection efficiency in your experiment is at least 80%. If three or more fail to knock down your target mRNA by at least 70% under these conditions, Invitrogen will design and ship two additional target-specific BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select hairpin to your target for free*.
Check out how easy it is to identify BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select hairpins that will target the human, rat, and mouse genes you’re interested in. Use the convenient BLOCK-iT™ RNAi Express search engine.
The BLOCK-iT™ RNAi Express search engine also includes available BLOCK-iT™ Pol II miR Validated miRNA Vector DuoPaks which contain two independent, pre-cloned and bench-tested GFP vectors with pre-miRNA inserts designed to non-overlapping target sites. These validated DuoPaks are designed to all known splice variants, have been proven to knock down their target by at least 70%, and are guaranteed to knock down their target by 70% given transfection efficiencies of at least 80%.*
*Please contact Invitrogen Technical Services in your region to take advantage of this offer. Please be prepared to fax or email your order reference number, BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi sequences and data showing your transfection efficiency and level of knockdown. This offer can only be used once per target gene.
Order BLOCK-iT™ miR RNAi Select online using the BLOCK-iT™ RNAi Express search engine.
Web Seminars and guides