De Novo Sequencing Using the 5500xl Genetic Analyzer
Superior coverage to get more genomes sequenced, and sequenced faster
The accuracy and throughput of the 5500xl Genetic Analyzer enables unparalleled de novo assembly of novel genomes, opening the way to detailed genetic analysis of any organism.
Step-by-Step Guide to de novo Sequencing
When designing your own experiment, consider important parameters such as coverage, size, accuracy, and sensitivity; library type (fragment or mate paired?); and read length.
- Comparative genomics of the bacterial genus Listeria: Genome evolution is characterized by limited gene acquisition and limited gene loss Publication: BMC Genomics (2010)
- Genome expansion and gene loss in powdery mildew fungi reveal tradeoffs in extreme parasitism Publication: Science (2010)
- Complete genome sequence of corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis I19, a strain isolated from a cow in Israel with bovine mastitis Publication: J. Bacteriology (2010)
- First complete genome sequence of infectious laryngotracheitis virus Publication: JBMC Genomics (2011)
- Rapid hybrid de novo assembly of a microbial genome using only short reads: Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis I19 as a case study Publication: Journal of Microbiological Methods (2011)
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.