E-Base™ Integrated Device & E-Holder™ Platform
E-PAGE™ Gels run in the specially designed E-Base™ electrophoresis bases, which combine the base and the power source in one device. The E-Base™ devices are compatible with the Society for Biomolecules Screening (SBS)-standard plate size and can be conveniently mounted on liquid handling robot decks.
- The E-Base™ can run E-Gel® 96, E-Gel® 48, E-PAGE™ 96, or E-PAGE™ 48 systems.
- The E-PAGE™ gels are not compatible with old models of the E-Gel® 96 bases (mother and daughter bases).
1. The mother E-Base™ device (Figure 1) which contains an electrical plug that can be connected directly to an electrical outlet and is used for electrophoresis of one E-PAGE™ Gel.
2. The daughter E-Base™ device (Figure 2) which connects to the mother E-Base™ and to other daughter E-Base™ devices for the simultaneous electrophoresis of two or more E-PAGE™ Gels. Please note that the daughter E-Base™ does NOT contain an electrical plug and cannot be used without a mother base.
Each base has a power/program button and a timer button on the lower right side of the base for controlling your electrophoresis run. The lower left side of each base contains a lighted LED and a digital timer display (00-99) that indicates where your gel is in the running process.
Two programs are pre-set in the E-Base™ units:
- E-PAGE™ 96 gel run programmed for 14 minutes
- E-Gel® 96 DNA gel run programmed for 12-minutes
For E-PAGE™ 48 Gels, use the protein program extended to 23 minutes due to the longer running distance.
Figure 1. Mother E-Base™ Device
Figure 2. Mother/Daughter E-Base™ Devices
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.