MembranePro™ Functional Protein Expression (FPE) System
|For researchers studying G protein–coupled receptors (GPCRs) and other membrane proteins, the MembranePro™ Functional Protein Expression (FPE) System delivers enriched, functional membrane proteins efficiently and reliably. Key features of the system: |
- Clone your gene of interest into a recommended TOPO® vector for mammalian expression, transform, and prepare plasmid.
- Transfect 293FT cells with your TOPO® cloned vector and MembranePro™ Reagent.
- After a 48 hr incubation, the lipoparticles are harvested from the culture supernatant and precipitated with the MembranePro™ Precipitation Mix.
- Store lipoparticles at –80°C or proceed to downstream biochemical assays, including receptor–ligand binding studies.
Soluble, Functional Proteins Ready for Use
- Harvested lipoparticles contain overexpressed membrane proteins in a homogeneous preparation (easy to pipet, not clumpy)
- No need to establish stable cell lines expressing your proteins of interest
- Eliminate concerns about down-regulation of expression due to toxicity
- Avoid capital investment and maintenance of an ultracentrifuge
A live Q&A session will follow the presentations, so that you discuss your questions with Invitrogen scientists.