MembraneMax™ Protein Expression Kits
|Membrane proteins play critical roles in cell-to-cell contact, surface recognition, cytoskeleton contact, signaling, enzymatic activity, and transport. Because of their varied cellular functions, they are ideal drug targets.|
- Their expression can be toxic to cells or cause inclusion bodies, which limit protein yield
- Tedious optimization makes purification difficult and time consuming
MembraneMax™ Protein Expression Kits overcome these challenges, allowing you to produce high yields of soluble (dispersed) membrane proteins using the MembraneMax™ reagent—a planar phospholipid membrane bilayer surrounded by a scaffold protein (also called a nanolipoprotein particle or NLP).
- High yield--nanogram to milligram
- Soluble membrane protein–NLP complexes
- Simple purification with His tag
- Complete kit--simply add your gene of interest to get started
Figure Gallery Image Titles
Figure 2: Overview of same day protocol
Figure 3: Expression and activity data for Bacteriorhodopsin protein using MembraneMax™ Kit
Figure 4: Data showing insertion of Membrane protein into MembraneMax™ Reagent
Figure 5: Activity data for the EMRE membrane protein expressed using MembraneMax™ Kit
High yield for your downstream analysis
Table 1—High yields achieved using the MembraneMax™ system.
Shown above is a small subset of proteins that we have expressed using the MembraneMax™
Protein Expression Kit. Over 64% of the proteins expressed at >0.1 mg/ml of reaction (n = 32).
Table 2—Downstream applications for analysis of membrane proteins.
Enhanced protein solubility
Scalable and easy to use
Simple purification method
Take advantage of our special introductory pricing--click on the catalog number to see your price!
|Kit||Features||20 rxns||100 rxns|
|MembraneMax™ Protein Expression Kit||A10632||A10633|
|MembraneMax™ HN Protein Expression Kit||A10634||A10635|
- Find your membrane protein from our Ultimate™ ORF Collection