Keratinocyte Cell Culture Systems
Our Primary Human Keratinocyte Cell Cultures are optimized to synthesize Keratinocyte Cells, the predominant cell type in the epidermis. The Keratinocytes found in the basal layer or stratum germinativum of the skin are sometimes referred to as basal cells or basal Keratinocytes.
Phase contrast images of Human Epidermal Keratinocytes (HEKa) grown in culture
Day 3 - HEKa
Day 5 - HEKa
Day 7 - HEKa
Get more life out of you cells
- Defined, animal origin-free medium
- Extends the in vitro lifespan of primary cells up to two times compared to other serum-free media
- Ease of use with single-shot supplementation
Figure 1- Normal neonatal human keratinocytes (HEKn) (C-001-5C) were grown in EpiLife medium and in a keratinocyte medium from a leading competitor. Cultures grown in EpiLife medium demonstrated population doublings over an extended period compared to cells grown in the competitor's medium.
Keratinocyte Product Selection Guide
If you'd like to culture your cells....
- EpiLife w/o Calcium
- EpiLife w/o Calcium & Phenol Red
- EpiLife with 60 uM Calcium
- Keratinocyte AOF Growth Kit Components (Coating Matrix)
- Keratinocyte AOF Growth Kit Components (S7)
- EpiLife Defined Growth Supplement (EDGS)
- Human Keratinocyte Growth Supplement (HKGS)
- Human keratinocyte Growth Supplement Kit (HKGS Kit)
- Supplement S7