1. Dietze B., et al. (2008) An improved method to generate equine dendritic cells from peripheral blood mononuclear cells: divergent maturation programs by IL-4 and LPS. Immunobiology 213:751–758.
2. Meehan K.R., et al. (2008) Development of a clinical model for ex vivo expansion of multiple populations of effector cells for adoptive cellular therapy. Cytotherapy 10: 30–37.
3. Ye Z., et al. (2006) Human dendritic cells engineered to express alpha tumor necrosis factor maintain cellular maturation and T-cell stimulation capacity.Cancer Biother Radiopharm 21:613–622.
4. Choi B.H., et al. (2006) Optimization of the concentration of autologous serum for generation of leukemic dendritic cells from acute myeloid leukemic cells for clinical immunotherapy. J Clin Apher 21: 233–240.
5. Imataki O., et al. (2006) Efficient ex vivo expansion of Valpha24+ NKT cells derived from G-CSF-mobilized blood cells. J Immunother 29: 320–327.
6. Peng J.C., et al. (2005) Generation and maturation of dendritic cells for clinical application under serum-free conditions. J Immunother 28: 599–609.
7. Trickett A.E., et al. (2002) Ex vivo expansion of functional T lymphocytes from HIV-infected individuals. J Immunol Methods 262: 71–83.
8. Carlens S., et al. (2000) Ex vivo T lymphocyte expansion for retroviral transduction: influence of serum-free media on variations in cell expansion rates and lymphocyte subset distribution. Exp Hematol 28: 1137–1146.
9. Kambe N et al. (2000) An improved procedure for the development of human mast cells from dispersed fetal liver cells in serum-free culture medium. J Immunol Methods 240: 101–110.
10. Gerin P.A., et al. (1999) Production of retroviral vectors for gene therapy with the human packaging cell line FLYRD18. Biotechnol Prog 15: 941–948.
11. Slunt J.B., et al. (1997) Human T-cell responses to Trichophyton tonsurans: inhibition using the serum free medium Aim V. Clin Exp Allergy 27: 1184–1192.
12. Kreuzfelder E., (1996) Assessment of peripheral blood mononuclear cell proliferation by [2-3H]adenine uptake in the woodchuck model. Clin Immunol Immunopathol 78: 223–227.
13. Causey A.L., (1994) A serum-free medium for human primary T lymphocyte culture. J Immunol Methods 175: 115–121.
14. Freedman R.S., et al. (1994) Large-scale expansion in interleukin-2 of tumorinfiltrating lymphocytes from patients with ovarian carcinoma for adoptive immunotherapy. J Immunol Methods 167: 145–160.
15. Nomura K., et al. (1993) [Study of adoptive immunotherapy for metastatic renal cell carcinoma with lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells and interleukin-2. II. Clinical evaluation] Nippon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 84: 831–840. Japanese.
16. Kaldjian E.P., et al. (1992) Enhancement of lymphocyte proliferation assays by use of serum-free medium. J Immunol Methods 147: 189–195.
17. Hayakawa K., et al. (1991) Study of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes for adoptive therapy of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and metastatic melanoma: sequential proliferation of cytotoxic natural killer and noncytotoxic T cells in RCC. J Immunother 10: 313–325.
18. McVicar D.W., et al. (1991) A comparison of serum-free media for the support of in vitro mitogen-induced blastogenic expansion of cytolytic lymphocytes. Cytotechnology 6: 105–113.
19. Burg S., et al. (1991) [Effect of different media on long-term cultivation of human synovial macrophages] Z Rheumatol 50: 142–150. German.
20. Helinski E.H., et al. (1988) Long-term cultivation of functional human macrophages in Teflon dishes with serum-free media. J Leukoc Biol 44: 111–121.
21. Robyn S., et al. (2007) RA8, A Human Anti-CD25 Antibody Against Human Treg Cells Hybridoma 26: 119–130.
22. Chena X., et al.(2006) Induction of primary anti-HIV CD4 and CD8 T cell responses by dendritic cells transduced with self-inactivating lentiviral vectors Cellular Immunology 243: 10–18.
23. Grant R., et al. (2008) CCL2 Increases X4-tropic HIV-1 Entry into Resting CD4+ T Cells. J Biol Chem 283: 30745–30753.
24. Hagihara M., et al. (2003) Increased frequency of CD3/8/56-positive umbilical cord blood T lymphocytes after allo-priming in vitro Annals of Hematology 82: 166–170.
25. Wang, Z., et al. (2006) Application of Serum-Free Culture Medium for Preparation of A-NK Cells Cell Mol Immunol 3: 391–395.
26. Morecki S., et al. (1991) Retrovirus-mediated gene transfer into CD4+ and CD8+ human T cell subsets derived from tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and peripheral blood mononuclear cells Cancer Immunol Immunotherapy 32: 342–352.
27. Johansen P. et al. Cellular immune response—CD4 T cells guarantee optimal competitive fitness of CD8 memory T cells Eur J Immunol 34: 91–97.