|Gibco® Porcine serum is collected from animals younger than 1 year old. It is processed, and manufactured in New Zealand. Gibco® Porcine serum is tested specifically for cytotoxicity. Test samples are examined for the ability to support the attachment and proliferation of three adherent cell lines. The test and reference cultures are monitored for evidence of nutritional deficiency, abnormal morphology, or cytotoxicity. |
Porcine serum is also available in custom formats; call your local representative for more details.
- Used with hormones in the growth of rat mammary tumor epithelial cells1
- Required for the growth of rat cervical epithelial cells2
- The use of porcine serum in chromosome studies has been found to be satisfactory and consistent and could be used in lymphocyte culture work3
- Sinha DK, Pazik JE., Role of serum and hormones during…, In Vitro Cell Dev Biol. 1986 Sep;22(9):519-24.
- Wright TC Jr, Nahabedian C., Growth requirements and characterization of rat cervical epithelial cells in culture. J Cell Physiol. 1986 Jan;126(1):10-20.
- Victor, R., Rao, P., Vasudev, P., Sebastian, D., Rao, V., Rajangam, S., Use of Porcine Serum in Lymphocyte Culture. Int J Hum Genet, 2(4): 273-274 (2002)