Thank you for your interest in our booth and workshop at the 2013 Plant and Animal Genomics Conference. Sign up to reserve your seat and get information about our workshop and other news related to this exciting meeting.
Life Technologies Workshop
January 14th, 12:50 PM to 3:00 PM, Golden West Salon
- Introduction to the workshop: Jaime M. Humara, Ph.D., Life Technologies Corporation.
12:50 to 1:00PM.
- High-density molecular marker discovery in bailey using Genotyping by Sequencing (GBS) approach. Speaker: Jesse Poland, Ph.D., Research Geneticst, USDA-ARS and adjunct assistant professor, Agronomy Department, Kansas State University. 1:00 to 1:25 PM.
- Enhancing plant transgene expression with TAL effectors. Speaker: Neal Stewart, Ph.D., Professor and Director, Tennessee Plant Research Center, University of Tennessee. 1:25 to 1:50 PM
- Mu-IonSeq: A speedy and efficient technology for genome walking and gene cloning. Speaker: Sanzhen Liu, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Schnable Lab, Department of Agronomy, Iowa State University. 1:50 to 2:10 PM
- High throughput marker screening by Array Tape™ and TaqMan® Assays Speaker: Cassie Keppel, Ph.D., Associate Scientist, Douglas Scientific. 2:10 to 2:35 PM
- High Throughput evaluation of Pest Populations in Algae Ponds. Speaker: Robert McBride, Ph.D., Associate Director of Cultivation, Sapphire Energy. 2:35 to 3:00PM