The PichiaPink™ Secretion Signal Set is a set of 8 DNA fragments encoding secretion signal sequences. The PichiaPink™ Secretion Signal Set is designed to be easily ligated in front of your gene. The PichiaPink™ Secretion Signal Set is designed for use with the pPINK-HC and pPINK-LC vectors.Optimize Secretion of Your Expressed Protein
By adding one of the 8 secretion signal sequences to your gene, you can secrete your protein into the media to make it easier to harvest and purify. Pichia pastoris
secretes few native proteins, so the bulk of the protein in the media will be yours.
Each DNA sequence encodes a different secretion signal. You can test each secretion signal sequence to find the one that works best for your protein.
The PichiaPink™ Secretion Signal Set comes with 8 different secretion signals including:
• α-mating factor pre-sequence from Saccharomyces cerevisiae
• α-amylase signal sequence from Aspergillus niger
• Glucoamylase signal sequence from Aspergillus awamori
• Serum albumin signal sequence from Homo sapiens
• Inulinase signal sequence from Kluyveromcyes maxianus
• Invertase signal sequence from Saccharomyces cerevisiae
• Killer protein signal sequence from Saccharomyces cerevisiae
• Lysozyme signal sequence from Gallus gallusEasily Add a Secretion Signal to Your Protein
The DNA fragments in the PichiaPink™ Secretion Signal Set are designed to be easily inserted in front of your gene when using the pPINK-HC or pPINK-LC vectors. You can try different secretion signal sequences to see which one gives optimal secretion of your protein.
Each signal sequence includes the Kozak sequence for the AOX1
gene from Pichia pastoris
to ensure efficient translation of your protein.
The secretion signal sequences come as phosphorylated duplex oligomers in 40 pmol aliquots. Resuspend oligomers in 40 µl TE buffer before use.Why Choose the PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System?
The PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System is based on the yeast Pichia pastoris
. Advantages of Pichia pastoris
include rapid growth, well-defined genetic background, simple media formulation, and easy handling. For over 30 years, Pichia pastoris
has been used by labs around the world for producing hundreds of different proteins from many species including human (Ref 1, 2). The PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System allows convenient and cost-effective protein production from small to large scales.
For information on obtaining a commercial-use license for the PichiaPink™Yeast Expression System, please inquire at email@example.com
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use. Related Links
• Learn more about the PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System
• Learn more about other protein expression systems from Life Technologies
1. Cereghino JL, Cregg JM. Heterologous protein expression in the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris. FEMS Microbiol Rev. 2000 Jan;24(1):45-66. [PubMed
2. Cereghino GP, Cereghino JL, Ilgen C, Cregg JM. Production of recombinant proteins in fermenter cultures of the yeast Pichia pastoris. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2002 Aug;13(4):329-32. [PubMed