Recombinant antibody characteristics include:
• APPLICATIONS: This mTOR ABfinity™ Recombinant oAb has been validated for use in indirect ELISA, WB, FC, and ICC.
• HOST SPECIES AND ISOTYPE: This is a recombinant rabbit oligoclonal IgG against human mTOR.
• CLONE ID OF OLIGOCLONAL Antibody (oAb): The oAb clone is 7HCLC.
• REACTIVITY: Along with human mTOR, this oAb is predicted to react with monkey, sheep, bovine, horse, dog, pig, goat, rat, mouse, and rabbit.
• PRODUCT SIZE: 100 µg
Specific for mTOR
Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) also known as mechanistic target of rapamycin (serine/threonine kinase) is coded by the gene MTOR located on chromosome 1. mTOR belongs to a family of phosphatidylinositol kinase related kinases and plays a central role in regulating cell metabolism and growth in response to hormones, nutrients, stress signals and growth factors. Activated mTOR positively regulates protein synthesis by phosphorylating 4EBP1 and RPS6KB1 (1). mTOR also plays an important role in regulation of glycogen biosynthesis, beta oxidation of fatty acids, and carbohydrate utilization.
Learn more about the superior performance of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
See Life Technologies' full line of ABfinity™ recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
- mTOR kinase domain phosphorylation promotes mTORC1 signaling, cell growth, and cell cycle progression. Ekim B., Magnuson B., Acosta-Jaquez H.A., Keller J.A., Feener E.P., Fingar D.C. Mol. Cell. Biol. 31, 2787-2801 (2011) [Full text:10.1128/MCB.05437-11] [PubMed:21576368]