The PichiaPink™ Expression Strain Set contains the 4 Pichia pastoris
strains for use with the PichiaPink™ Expression System Kits. Each strain comes as a frozen stock in YPD media with 15% glycerol. All PichiaPink™ strains have the ade2
deletion. 3 strains have deletions of two protease genes, PEP4
. You can use the PichiaPink™ Expression Strain Set to refill your PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System Kits.
The PichiaPink™ Expression Strain Set includes the following Pichia
• PichiaPink™ Strain 1: ade2
• PichiaPink™ Strain 2: ade2
• PichiaPink™ Strain 3: ade2
• PichiaPink™ Strain 4: ade2
, pep4Select Transformants by Color
The PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System makes it easy to select for transformed colonies by color. Untransformed PichiaPink™ strains form pink colonies. When grown on plates without adenine, transformed PichiaPink™ strains form white colonies (Fig 1).Get Reduced Protein Degradation
The PichiaPink™ Expression Strain Set comes with 3 strains that include knockouts in two protease genes. Protease-deficient strains reduce the need for protease inhibitors when growing your cells and improve the yield of your protein. Test a single protease knockout or the double protease knockout to find the one that works best for you.Why Choose the PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System?
The PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System is based on the yeast Pichia pastoris
. Advantages of Pichia pastoris
include rapid growth, well-defined genetic background, simple media formulation, and easy handling. For over 30 years, Pichia pastoris
has been used by labs around the world for producing hundreds of different proteins from many species including human (Ref 1, 2). The PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System allows convenient and cost-effective protein production from small to large scales.
For information on obtaining a commercial-use license for the PichiaPink™Yeast Expression System, please inquire at email@example.com
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use. Related Links
• Learn more about the PichiaPink™ Yeast Expression System
• Learn more about other protein expression systems from Life Technologies
1. Cereghino JL, Cregg JM. Heterologous protein expression in the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris. FEMS Microbiol Rev. 2000 Jan;24(1):45-66. [PubMed
2. Cereghino GP, Cereghino JL, Ilgen C, Cregg JM. Production of recombinant proteins in fermenter cultures of the yeast Pichia pastoris. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2002 Aug;13(4):329-32. [PubMed